Updated status on several areas of interest for the Club and its members:
• The Hill Slide Area (from the 700s road down thru the 500s): the contracted Geologist was out and surveyed the slide area and the areas surrounding it.
His preliminary thoughts are to keep the same restrictions as started earlier: Geologist/Ranger has stopped vehicle traffic to the 700’s and most of the 500”s.
Update (with the geologist approved): 700’s members can use their golf carts only during the day and stay as far away from the slide (roped off) area as possible! Remember – no stopping and gawking! Let the ranger know you are heading up and how long you intend to stay.
You can store the golf cart under the clubhouse back over hang (food area where the picnic tables are normally).
There are cones in place on the road to show you where you can drive a car/truck to in these areas. Up near the top of the slide, the area is roped off with nobody permitted to go inside the roped off area.
The Ranger has full support of the Pilaguamish Board to protect its members and keep them from harm’s way. So from this point, until further notice – no vehicle traffic is allowed in the closed roadways except for golf carts.
The ranger is still permitting foot traffic and now golf carts to and from these areas, but mandatory you check in with him as conditions can change rapidly.
The contracted Geologist is performing more surveys and when complete will be reviewing his survey results with their experts and hopefully will have a full report out within the next couple of months to our club. Until then, all of us will follow what is stated above and because of the potential for danger there still is no camping in the lots directly below or near the slide area
• Activity Center Roof has been repaired from the storm damage. The inside is currently being dried out and will be accessed for mold after this process is complete.
• Water line leaks – a couple more leaks in the 100s have been found and repaired. This seems to now keep the reservoir tanks at a steady level so we should be good – for now on leaks.
• Most danger trees are now removed and the rest should be taken care of shortly.
• The dump station is now working again. The problem that stopped its function was a black water cover entered the dump tank and plugged it.
• Current building codes the board are currently working on reviewing these and aligning them more with the county codes. This should give the club members more options and less restrictions. More coming on the revised building codes shortly!
• The Propane Service Trucks cannot service the 700s and most of the 500s because of the slide mentioned above. Please use your golf carts and if possible, help your neighbors taking the propane tanks down to the ranger to fill. If this is not possible, talk to the ranger and he should be able to assist you in getting the tanks down, filled and back to the lot they originated.
Thank you for your continued patience in the above matters. We are a strong club and pulling together has always made this club great!!!!
Over the years the selling of a Membership to a New Member has not been in full compliance with the BY-LAWS & RULES OF THE PARK as adopted by the Pilaguamish Community Club.
The rules listed for selling of Private Membership Lots will be followed and enforced by the Board of Directors in full. Each prospective New Member will be subject to a credit check review and must meet with the Board of Directors prior to be considered for Membership approval by the Board.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO CURRENT MEMBERS:
If you, the current Member, sell your Membership to another person prior to receiving approval from the Board of Directors you are taking a risk. If the proposed New Member has advanced funds to the Current Member and the Board of Directors does not approve the prospective New Member then all dues, electrical, BY-LAWS & RULES OF THE PARK will continue to be the responsibility of the Current Member.
If the Current Member then becomes insolvent in their financial responsibilities the Board of Directors will follow whatever means it has to collect those funds as indicated in the BY-LAWS & RULES OF THE PARK, including possible termination of membership. Further, the proposed New Member will be advised of the rules for Private Membership Lot sales and informed that any and all funds they may have advanced the Current Member will be between those two parties.
We encourage you to read and follow these rules as Adopted March 1, 2009 on page 20 in the current BY-LAWS & RULES OF THE PARK book which is available to all members and on the parks website as well.
Pilly Membership Application (please print both sides)